Friday, February 28, 2014

New House Tour

I can't believe we've been living in the new house for eight months and I haven't shared the details!  Talk about a total brain malfunction on my part.  For those of you that are new here, we moved at the end of June last year from a tiny 2+1 bedroom (yup, I slept in the basement!) to an open concept 3 bedroom (with all the bedrooms on the second floor!).  So without further ado, here are the deets and house tour. I didn't stage anything (obviously!) but have just collected these snaps over the past eight months....Please excuse the clutter but we definitely live here.






When you come in the front door, there's an open entry leading to the main floor.  The garage door is on the right and next to it is the hall closet.  I tried to leave through that closet door for the first few weeks.





To the left of the entry is a small powder room and further on is the door to the unfinished basement.





Here's a couple of shots of the powder room.  Love the fixtures, hate the color.  We're changing that for sure!





It looks gray but it's really poop brown.





Looking down the hall towards the front door.  Disregard my fancy gate....I never did get around to installing it and I just slide it through whenever the boys are up and roaming.





Another shot looking towards the front door.  The house is all beige/gold.  I don't love that part.





From the hall you come right into the living and dining area with the kitchen to the right.











That big lovely pantry door has since been painted.  Still struggling with my color choice.





Another view of the living area.  We literally moved in two days earlier in this pic....no pics on the walls or anything yet.





Looking back towards the front door from the living area.








The stairway to the second level.









First thing I did, even before we fully moved in was install the baby gate.  So far they haven't figured out how to get around it.




We only have one bathroom on the second level..  It is kind of weirdly laid out and covered in brown (ugh!) tiles.  Have I mentioned how much I dislike brown?







Can you spot the Bubble Guppies?





The master bedroom has a walk in closet! Huge improvement from my last basement bedroom that didn't really have a closet.











I love this window but I'm going to have to figure out some kind of treatment for the top.  It's really bright in the morning and the sun blasts in all afternoon.  Pretty but not practical.  The sun is going to fade the bedding in no time.





The Bubs' room...Still loving the color on the walls.... Benjamin Moore's Seahaze.











And Liam's room....I haven't painted or made any changes since he'll be heading into a bed some time this year.  Honestly, I can't believe I'm even writing that!  But once he makes the transition, we'll be re-doing his room so that he can have a big boy room to grow with him.













We also have a fully fenced and completely un-landscaped yard and a garage stuffed full of my junky furniture finds.  The basement is unfinished and is holding all my paints and craft room supplies from the last house along with the laundry area.

There we go....eight months later and we're still loving the place.  Stay tuned for some exciting updates in the next few weeks.



I party here and over at Serenity Now, Home Stories A to Z,  Cedarhill FarmhouseCoastal CharmJennifer RizzoBlackberry VineFrom My Front Porch to YoursSavvy Southern Style, and Salt Tree.