Monday, January 13, 2014

Bedroom Chandelier



When we moved to this house last July, the master bedroom was poop brown.  Now if you like brown, I do apologize but I am not a fan of earth tones and I'm plum sick of brown.  Before we even moved in, I had Handyman Tom re-paint it all in Benjamin Moore's Snowfall White.  But this light fixture was still there.  I actually quite like the fixture but in the bedroom? That was just weird looking.




Remember back when I confessed my addiction to thrift store junking?  One of my finds were these two chandeliers for $20.  So glad I hoarded kept them.  Because I was able to use one for the bedroom.




On the same day that I spray painted my bedside lamps, I whipped out the coral spray paint and gave these a few coats.








And then Tom hung the chandelier and it looks fabulous!














And who doesn't love a before and after?





Recently, I heard some designer on tv saying that chandeliers are "so over".   Well good for her but I'm still loving them and swoon every time I flip on the light.  Anyone else still loving chandeliers as much as I do?



Linking up this spray painted goodie to my regular parties and to  Serenity Now, Home Stories A to Z,  Cedarhill FarmhouseCoastal CharmWatch Out Martha, Jennifer Rizzo,From My Front Porch to Yours, and Salt Tree.